Founded in 1980, Urban Resource Institute (URI) is committed to the vision of a world free of domestic violence, homelessness, poverty, and trauma, where individuals, families, and communities are safe, stable, and thriving. URI works across the spectrum of prevention, intervention and services to empower individuals, families, and communities, particularly communities of color and other disenfranchised populations, to increase their safety and resiliency. URI is the oldest licensed provider of domestic violence shelter and services in New York State, with 40 years of impact capped in the last five years with significant achievements and expansion leading to its position as the largest provider of domestic violence shelter services in the country. This expansion has afforded URI the ability to serve individuals who have traditionally experienced barriers to accessing shelter services, such as singles and families with pets.
Today, URI is maximizing the impact of organizational growth, expanding its positioning as an Innovative service provider, an influential leader and “Employer of Choice” in its field. URI has annual operating budget of approximately $98 million, more than 700 employees and the capacity to provide services to over 40,000 individuals annually. The organization operates in more than 20 locations around New York City and is recognized as a valued thought-leader in the sector across the US and beyond.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Supervisor of Clinical Services will work to assist the Program Director by providing comprehensive clinical and social services to the residents, and administrative support to the program. She/he assesses mental and emotional functioning of residents and administers appropriate services. She/he provides clinical and administrative supervision to staff and offers a range of services, including counseling, advocacy, intervention, and support to meet the needs of domestic violence victims and their families. The Supervisor of Clinical Services is part of the team responsible for ensuring that the shelter programs provide high quality, client-centered, trauma-informed and culturally competent services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Responsible for the clinical and administrative supervision of Case Managers, Housing Specialists, Vocational Specialists, Residential Specialists and Interns.
• Provide individual and group supervision to staff.
• Coordinate staff training, case conferences, and other opportunities for the professional development of staff.
• Conduct mental health assessments by completing comprehensive functional evaluations.
• Develop, monitor and facilitate groups for residents.
• Assist with client service hotlines as needed.
• Coordinate mental health/psychiatric care and referrals.
• Provide brief psychotherapy for clients (individuals and families).
• Develop a network of appropriate resources, including community base organizations and social services providers.
• Monitor resident records for compliance and best practices, including regular review of progress notes and service plans.
• Function independently at the facility in times of crisis, in the absence of the Program Director.
• Assist with required reports and program evaluations as needed.
• Work with others to address client complaints and conduct investigations as required
• Increase the awareness of the organization’s DV services by engaging in activities such as, but not limited to, presenting at conferences and/or other speaking engagements.
• Other duties as requested based on department, program and/or organizational needs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Passion for URI’s mission, vision and core values with the ability to communicate this passion to others.
• Five (5) years of experience working with victims of domestic violence experiencing trauma, poverty, and/or homelessness.
• Three (3) years of prior Supervisory experience is required.
• Licensed Masters in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a comparable clinical degree and license.
• Excellent computer knowledge and aptitude of Microsoft Office applications
• Strong organizational skills that reflects an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
• Exceptional interpersonal, critical thinking, and communications skills, and the ability to develop positive and productive relationships with a dispersed team to build buy-in across the organization
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Excellent business acumen, leadership presence with professional integrity and thought leadership skills
• Work in collaboration with other departments, agencies, systems and institutions to maximize scarce resources.
• Proven ability to ensure Quality Assurance and Best Practices in client service delivery.
• Strong commitment to equity and social justice including a focus on self-awareness and engagement of continuous learning around issues of diversity equity and inclusion; high level of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Acknowledge and application of self-care and work-life balance for self and others.
To be considered for this position, please apply here: https://recruiterflow.com/bridgepointassociates/jobs/138
The Urban Resource Institute (URI) has engaged BridgePoint Associates (BPa) to assist with our search. You may be contacted by either URI or BPa regarding your application.
About BridgePoint Associates
BridgePoint Associates is a recruiting firm that specializes in the nonprofit and higher education sectors. Our partnership-focused approach and highly targeted search process enable us to identify first-class talent for mission-driven organizations nationwide. We provide assistance with identifying top talent throughout all functional areas of an organization.To be considered for this position, please apply here: https://recruiterflow.com/bridgepointassociates/jobs/138