If you need help escaping domestic abuse or are a family in need of shelter call:
NYC’s 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline
NYC Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project
New York City Information
In the event of an emergency
Text-to-911 is beneficial to the Deaf, people with hearing loss or speech disabilities, and those who can't safely call 911 in the five boroughs of New York City.
To use Text-to-911 as efficiently as possible:
- Enter 911 without spaces or hyphens.
- Let the operator know if you are Deaf.
- Text the reason for your emergency.
- Text your full address and cross streets, if available, and borough.
- Use complete words and sentences, not abbreviations.