Founded in 1980, Urban Resource Institute (URI) is committed to the vision of a world free of domestic violence, homelessness, poverty, and trauma, where individuals, families, and communities are safe, stable, and thriving. URI works across the spectrum of prevention, intervention and services to empower individuals, families, and communities, particularly communities of color and other disenfranchised populations, to increase their safety and resiliency. URI is the oldest licensed provider of domestic violence shelter and services in New York State, with 40 years of impact capped in the last five years with significant achievements and expansion leading to its position as the largest provider of domestic violence shelter services in the country. This expansion has afforded URI the ability to serve individuals who have traditionally experienced barriers to accessing shelter services, such as singles and families with pets.
Today, URI is maximizing the impact of organizational growth, expanding its positioning as an Innovative service provider, an influential leader and “Employer of Choice” in its field. URI has annual operating budget of approximately $98 million, more than 700 employees and the capacity to provide services to over 40,000 individuals annually. The organization operates in more than 20 locations around New York City and is recognized as a valued thought-leader in the sector across the US and beyond.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
TALENT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• Supervise, motivate and mentor 2 staff: Director of Communications & Public Relations and Director of Marketing & Brand Awareness
• Manage project expenses against budget
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY
• Partner with Chief Marketing & Communications Officer to develop a marketing and communications strategy that increases URI’s brand, visibility, awareness and influence with key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with Development and Programs teams on setting and executing cross functional objectives, priorities, fundraising and marketing targets and activities; monitor results and evaluate performance.
PUBLIC RELATIONS, MEDIA RELATIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA
• Develop media relations strategy with external PR agency and provide day-to-day management to support the organization’s strategic direction and overall brand position.
• Supervise implementation of PR/Media activities and track KPIs and metrics
• Manage social media strategy and execution with Director of Marketing & Brand Awareness and consultant to drive growth and engagement across all platforms
• Oversee the creation of external communications plans and materials, including press releases, annual reports, marketing brochures, videos, publications, newsletters, etc. in partnership with Director of Communications & Public Relations
• Supervise planning and execution of internal communications/employee engagement initiatives in partnership with HR and Director of Communications & Public Relations
• Provide support and expertise in current brand building and new branding exercise scheduled for 2020-2021
• Oversee execution of website strategy and content
• Other duties as requested based on department, program and/or organizational needs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in marketing & communications, including some expertise in the full scope of the discipline (marketing, branding, internal and external communications, public relations, media, social media).
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Some nonprofit experience or work at an agency with nonprofit clients strongly preferred
• Budget management and strategic planning experience.
• Staff management and mentorship skills.
• Exceptional written and spoken communications skills, with the ability to engage and inspire a diverse range of audiences and stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate cross functionally with other departments.
• Ability to work successfully with coworkers and clients who have diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize within a fast-paced working environment.
• Creative, solutions oriented and resourceful.
• High quality standards of work product and performance.
• Experience with communications and administrative technology platforms: Salesforce, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams), Zoom, Monday.com, etc. as well as production of core communications tools such as videos
• Passion for URI’s mission and core values.
• Strong commitment to equity and social justice including a focus on self-awareness and engagement of continuous learning around issues of diversity equity and inclusion; high level of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Interested candidates are required to forward a copy of their resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Urban Resource Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.