The Urban Resource Institute (URI), a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization established in 1980, operates shelter, legal and job training programs for domestic violence victims, residential and vocational programs for individuals with developmental disabilities. With a $70-80 million annual budget with over 600 staff by the end of the year, URI promotes safety, justice, health, and independence for vulnerable individuals and families residing in New York City.
This individual is responsible for the instruction and training of new security monitors, scheduling and assigning them to designated posts. This individual also tours the facility to ensure the protection of personnel and residents of the facility.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Directs staff, visitors, and clients to requested designations.
• Answer questions and give directions relative to treatment services.
• Maintain security log with all movements of personnel and/or visitors in and out of the premises and any unusual occurrences.
• Supervise facility security staff.
• Instruct/train newly appointed security staff in the maintenance of security log, mail system, intake of deliveries, security procedures, fire safety process etc.
• Schedule and assign security staff to designated posts and tours to ensure the protection of personnel and the security of the premises.
• Performs additional functions as assigned by the Assistant Director.
• Conduct monthly fire drills and maintain fire drill log.
• Inspect alarm system daily to ensure protection of premises.
• Must be available to work doubles and flexible shifts.
• Participate in monthly staff meetings and training seminars conducted to enhance and develop one’s skills.
• Meet with Assistant Director for group supervision, facilitate meetings with security monitor staff.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three years previous experience as a security officer.
• Need to understand the issues of domestic violence and the needs of women and children, experience working in a 24-hour residential facility, able to work with minimum supervision and as a team player.
• Valid NYS Registration as a security guard.
• Employee must be computer-literate and must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent written and verbal skills are required.
• Must have ability to be flexible with schedule as needed.
Interested candidates may forward a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Urban Resource Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.