The Urban Resource Institute (URI), a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization established in 1980, operates shelter, legal and job training programs for domestic violence victims, residential and vocational programs for individuals with developmental disabilities. With a $70-80 million annual budget with over 600 staff by the end of the year, URI promotes safety, justice, health, and independence for vulnerable individuals and families residing in New York City. The Program Assistant performs all administrative and clerical work as assigned by the Program Director, as well as support the overall management of the shelter.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Oversee daily HRA attendance and census reports.
• Order, purchase and monitor food, office, and other supplies necessary for efficient operation of the shelter.
• Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records and statistics.
• Write, proofread, distribute and file letters, memos, emails, reports and other correspondence.
• Answer telephone, schedule appointments, and attend to guests.
• Review and route mail, faxes and other correspondence.
• Maintain resident case records.
• Coordinate set-up and staffing of events including holiday, workshops, donor, and general meetings.
• Attend staff meetings and take minutes.
• Prepare documentation for billing.
• Assist with data entry in SORTS, ADP, EPMX and other systems.
• Process purchase requisitions, check requests and petty cash reconciliation.
• Complete other duties as needed and/or requested by management to align with mission and vision of the organization.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma, Bachelor Degree preferred
• 5 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
• Experience in a Non-Profit Environment helpful
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
• Excellent budgeting and spreadsheet skills.
• Flexibility and an ability to work with accuracy under pressure in a deadline-driven multi-task environment are crucial.
Interested candidates may forward a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Urban Resource Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.