The Urban Resource Institute (URI), a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization established in 1980, operates shelter, legal and job training programs for domestic violence victims, residential and vocational programs for individuals with developmental disabilities. With a $70-80 million annual budget with over 600 staff by the end of the year, URI promotes safety, justice, health, and independence for vulnerable individuals and families residing in New York City.
Responsible for assisting the Child Care Supervisor and Recreational Specialist with the children.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Assist the Child Care Supervisor in maintaining the Child Care room by ensuring supervision of children at all times.
• Assist in the preparation of the child care curriculum.
• Work with the children through play and educational activities to promote learning.
• Assist with field trips and special activities and events.
• Escort residents on outside and cultural activities.
• Promotes nutritional diet and exercise programs.
• Provide feedback to the Case Manager on the needs of the children.
• Attend the monthly child care meeting and monthly staff meeting.
• Assist the residents in finding a permanent child care placement.
• Participate in training seminars conducted to enhance and develop one’s skills.
• Regularly assess safety and well-being of all the children.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma and /or Associates Degree.
• Two (2) years’ experience working with children is required.
• Must be knowledgeable of and sensitive to concerns of child development, domestic violence, and child abuse.
• Must be knowledgeable and sensitive to DV issues.
• Demonstrated sensitivity and experience with and/or knowledge of domestic violence within and against disenfranchised communities including individuals whom identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and/or HIV-affected, the elderly and individuals with mental health issues.
• Must have CPR, First Aid Certification
• Must have demonstrated skills in interaction with children and proven ability to engage children ages 4 months to 8 years or elementary school
• Must have ability to be flexible with schedule as needed.
• Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
• Good communication skills.
• Child friendly and energetic
Interested candidates may forward a copy of their resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Urban Resource Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training