Founded in 1980, Urban Resource Institute (URI) is committed to the vision of a world free of domestic violence, homelessness, poverty, and trauma, where individuals, families, and communities are safe, stable, and thriving. URI works across the spectrum of prevention, intervention and services to empower individuals, families, and communities, particularly communities of color and other disenfranchised populations, to increase their safety and resiliency. URI is the oldest licensed provider of domestic violence shelter and services in New York State, with 40 years of impact capped in the last five years with significant achievements and expansion leading to its position as the largest provider of domestic violence shelter services in the country. This expansion has afforded URI the ability to serve individuals who have traditionally experienced barriers to accessing shelter services, such as singles and families with pets.
Today, URI is maximizing the impact of organizational growth, expanding its positioning as an Innovative service provider, an influential leader and “Employer of Choice” in its field. URI has annual operating budget of approximately $98 million, more than 700 employees and the capacity to provide services to over 40,000 individuals annually. The organization operates in more than 20 locations around New York City and is recognized as a valued thought-leader in the sector across the US and beyond.
This position will be responsible for providing assistance to the Trauma-Informed APIP program including providing administrative support to the program, facilitating entry of all data into designated database as well as completion of required reports as required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate set-up and staff training, workshops, participant groups and general meetings.
• Answer telephone, schedule appointments, and attend to participants including distribution of intake paperwork as directed.
• Write, proofread, distribute and file letters, memos, emails, reports and other correspondence.
• Review and route mail, faxes and other correspondence.
• Order, purchase and monitor office, and other supplies necessary for efficient operation of the program.
• Attend staff meetings and take minutes.
• Enter program level data as outlined by APIP curriculum in designated Apricot system.
• Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered through review of participant documentation.
• Locate and correct data entry errors or report them to supervisors.
• Assist in the development of data tracking and monitoring systems.
• Adhere to all data entry criteria and standards established by URI and programs.
• Assist in the analysis of data to identify trends and project program outcomes.
• Assist in creating visual representations and reports of data to include in monthly/quarterly reports as directed by Program Coordinator.
• Ensure data and reporting requirements are met.
• Adhere to policies as set by URI and funder.
• Promote URI and APIP program core values in day to day activities.
• Assist in maintenance of confidential participant files.
• Complete other duties as needed and/or requested by management to align with mission and vision of the organization.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• 3 years of experience as program assistant/data specialist.
• Experience in data management and in a variety of data-oriented tasks including but not limited to data entry, data exports, as well as the on-going data cleanup of identified data management system.
• Experience in a social service and criminal justice sector preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain records, track and report on outcomes.
• Flexibility and an ability to work with accuracy under pressure in a deadline-driven multi-task environment are crucial.
• Demonstrate ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Interested candidates may apply by visiting https://www.indeed.com/job/apip-program-assistantdata-specialist-c9ad01e5095dc17e
Urban Resource Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training