The following positions are available within URI. All interested persons should forward resumes and/or internal job application forms to the Office of Human Resources Management, Urban Resource Institute, 75 Broad Street Suite 505, New York, NY 10004. Resumes/forms may also be forwarded via E-Mail to Human Resources Management: (646) 616-0077 Central Office: (646) 588-0030

Available Positions

Responsible for developing and managing initiatives that serve as a bridge between clients and economic self-sufficiency. This includes the management, implementation and growth of URI’s career readiness and financial literacy services, including the Working Internship Network (WIN) and several community and corporate partnerships which offer education, training and hands-on experiences to domestic violence victims residing in shelter. Master’s Degree in Vocational Counseling, Human Services, or related field, with five (5) years of vocational experience required. Must possess excellent communication skills and have a proven ability to conduct psychosocial assessments. Training and experience in conducting or administering aptitude and ability assessments. Must demonstrate a working knowledge and sensitivity to domestic violence and social service needs. Proven ability in client advocacy, leadership and promoting career development. Experience supervising staff; knowledge or experience assisting clients with public assistance and housing. Must also demonstrate knowledge of adult literacy programs and assessment tools, such as GED and TABE. Computer-literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Credentialed Rehabilitation Counselor a plus. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus. (UWNB – Harlem)

Under the direction of the Program Director, perform managerial and administrative tasks to ensure that the program is operating according to current regulations, and that all consumers are receiving appropriate care. Supervises daily operations of the program and activities of all staff; maintains staff records; manages consumers’ personal funds and monitors case records; participates in team meetings and Day Program Meetings; approves goals and coordinates implementation. A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field is required. Knowledge of AMAP, SCIP, CPR and First Aid; one year supervisory/administrative experience, preferably in a twenty-four (24) hour residential facility is also required. (ICFs/IRA – Queens)

The Social Work Supervisor assesses mental and emotional functioning of residents and administers programs for necessary treatment. She/he provides clinical supervision to the counseling unit through case analysis, treatment planning and supervisory process. She/he also provides direct treatment services and issues referrals. A Master’s Degree in Social Work, and/or a Licensed Social work degree is required and five years of experience, working with victims of domestic violence and their dependent children. (UWNB – Harlem)

Provides comprehensive, individualized case management, mentoring and educational services to support domestic violence survivors in achieving short and long-term goals around job training, education, employment, financial management and self-sufficiency. This includes handling tasks associated with URI’s Working Internship Network (WIN) program, including conducting vocational assessments, facilitating career readiness, computer skills and financial literacy workshops, and managing client internships. The Education and Employment Specialist also supports URI’s community and corporate partnerships which offer education, training and hands-on experiences to domestic violence victims residing in shelter. A Master’s in Vocational Counseling, Human Services, Education, Social Work, Psychology, or related field, with three (3) years of vocational experience is required. Experience teaching adults, including adults with low literacy levels; experience teaching career readiness education and computer skills training; demonstrated ability to tailor curriculum to students at varying literacy levels is also required. Must demonstrate excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, and high level of attention to detail. Knowledge or experience assisting clients with public assistance and housing; the ability to document case records, and provide group counseling. Must also demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of underserved people; an understanding of or interest in the issue of domestic violence. A Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office based programs is required; Bilingual Spanish/English a plus. (UWNB – Harlem)

The Nurse is responsible for oversight, implementation and quality assurance of all medical and health related services provided to residents in our ICF and IRA. Shift includes day and evening hours, flexibility is required. Possession of a current valid registered nursing license to practice in the State of New York and specialized experience in the diagnosis and treatment of developmentally disabled persons are required. (ICFs/IRA – Queens)

This position will be responsible for coordinating and scheduling repair and maintenance activities at URI sites throughout the NYC area. The position requires working closely with contractors, vendors and suppliers, scheduling identified repairs, so they are completed in a timely manner. The position will also be responsible for the data base management relating to all local, state and federal building and equipment codes to ensure URI compliance. A High School Diploma is required. A Bachelor’s Degree is a plus. Three (3) years’ work experience in Facilities Management or Property Management is also required. Working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, specifically excel and word; highly organized; must be able to prioritize and multi-task; experience working with Work Order software a plus. (Corporate Office – Manhattan)

Trains individuals with disabilities at job and internship sites in order to facilitate their successful transition into communities through supported employment. A Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, or social work is required. At least one year experience in counseling, and providing person centered employment services and community activities to individuals with disability is also required. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends in all work environments. Bilingual a plus; OPWWD experience preferred. (UCDD – Brooklyn)

Provides direct service provision to victims/survivors of domestic violence who reside in a 24-hour residential facility. Services include counseling, referrals to community resources, vocational/educational needs, and home management. Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services field with two years counseling experience in a residential shelter preferred. Must demonstrate sensitivity to issues related to women and domestic violence. Bi-lingual preferred. (UWR – Harlem; UWSH – Brooklyn)

Supervises Associate Counselors and coordinates activities on assigned shift. Prepares staff schedules to ensure adequate facility coverage. Performs the duties of an Associate Counselor when necessary. Provides crisis counseling when needed. Functions independently in times of facility coverage including assuming responsibility in crisis situations. Prepares casework documentation and written reports. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field, and one year supervisory experience in a DV setting. Must demonstrate sensitivity to issues related to women and domestic violence. Bi-lingual preferred. (UWSH – Brooklyn)

Assume responsibility under the direction of the Program Manager and in conjunction with the Assistant Program Manager for the training and supervision of all Direct Care Counselors. Assist in the provision of direct care and daily living needs to consumers. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Also requires a minimum of one (1) year experience working with the developmentally disabled. Must be familiar with and have the required certification in AMAP, SCIP, CPR and First Aid. (ICFs/IRA – Queens)

Duties include maintaining cleanliness of facility, both internal and external, including bathrooms and common areas, and performing minor repairs. Requires one to two years of experience as a maintenance worker. High School diploma or equivalent is preferred, but suitable experience will be considered. (UWSH – Brooklyn)

Provides supportive counseling to residents, manages hotlines, assists administrative staff and performs some security and childcare functions. Requires an Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field, and knowledge of domestic violence issues preferred. (UWSH – Brooklyn, UWNB & UWR – Harlem).

Assists consumers with bathing, feeding, grooming, and other daily living skills; accompanies and supervises consumers on outings and medical visits; assists with laundry and maintaining consumers’ clothing; maintains files, reports, and documentation. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent, and experience working with developmentally challenged adults. AMAP and SCIP a plus. Valid driver’s license necessary. On call position. (ICFs/IRA – Queens)

Responsible for the instruction and training of new Security Monitors, scheduling and assigning them to designated posts. This individual also tours the facility to ensure the protection of personnel and residents of the facility. High School Diploma is required. Must have three years previous experience as a security officer. Must demonstrate sensitivity to issues related to women and domestic violence. Must also have experience working in a 24-hour residential facility, able to work with minimum supervision and as a team player. Valid NYS Registration as a security guard. (UWNB – Harlem)

The Security Monitor provides security services to maintain a safe environment for residents and staff. This individual also performs overall surveillance through performing facility rounds, maintaining visitors log, conducting fire drills, and ensuring that rules and regulations are followed. Must have a High School diploma or GED, and previous security experience. Must also have current NYS security license. (UCC-Brooklyn)

Maintain cleanliness of the consumer residence. Performs general household duties. Provides direct supervision to individuals with developmental disabilities when additional coverage is needed. Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Must also have at least two years work experience in capacity of housekeeping and one year experience providing supervision to individuals with developmental disabilities. (ICFs/IRA – Queens)

Sign Up Now

Receive updates about our services and programs

Your privacy is important to us. We will not share your name or e-mail address with anyone.