The following positions are available within URI. All interested persons should forward resumes and/or internal job application forms to the Office of Human Resources Management, Urban Resource Institute, 75 Broad Street Suite 505, New York, NY 10004. Resumes/forms may also be forwarded via E-Mail to email@example.com. Human Resources Management: (646) 616-0077 Central Office: (646) 588-0030
URI seeks highly skilled, dynamic Direct Care Workers to provide compassionate supervision and person-centered support to adult individuals with developmental disabilities. Demonstrate core competencies as a team player by ensuring a safe and caring setting which provides assistance to individuals with daily living needs to foster self-sufficiency whenever possible.
The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of routine and often repetitive tasks with and for the developmentally disabled.
- Training and supervision of individuals in self-care and performance of housekeeping tasks such as cleaning, shopping, food preparation and household maintenance.
- Assists and guides individuals in personal bathing, cleaning, toileting and/or dressing.
- Assists individuals with self-administration of medication or administers medication when indicated.
- Implements the behavior plan and demonstrates the ability to identify individual’s behavioral changes, strengths and immediate needs.
- Documents all significant behavioral responses in prescribed format.
- Assists with laundry responsibilities and maintaining and sorting individuals’ clothing.
- Maintains all appropriate and required files, records and reports on the residents, incidents, neighborhood reaction, etc.
- Prepares lunches/meals as assigned to do so, supervises individuals at meals and assists with feeding as appropriate.
- Provides appropriate supervision during meaningful community integration activities which increases the level of participation and reflects interests etc.
- High School Diploma/Equivalency.
- One (1) year full-time experience in the care of developmentally disabled children or adults
- AMAP, SCIP ,CPR and First Aid training and New York State Driver’s License
URI seeks highly skilled, Job Coaches responsible for the training of individuals with disabilities at job and internship sites in order to facilitate their successful transition into communities through supported employment.
The ideal successful will visit job and internship sites and meets with individuals with disabilities on-site, as scheduled; including evenings and weekends.
- Provides intensive skills training and employment adjustment counseling at the job site
- Monitors consumers’ work adjustment through direct observation and through meetings with employers and supervisors
- Meets with consumers for follow-up counseling at the agency site
- Develops and prepares written assessment of consumers’ adjustment to work and files them in case records
- Assists with job development and placement
- Attends case conferences interdisciplinary team meetings and training and development workshops
- A Bachelor’s degree in counselling, psychology, or social work is required.
- At least one year experience in counselling, and providing person centered employment services and community activities to individuals with disability is also required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends in all work environments. Bilingual a plus; OPWWD experience a plus.
URI seeks highly skilled, dynamic, Case Managers responsible for direct service provision to residents. Direct services include individual counseling, group counseling, advocacy services, referrals and follow-up, home management and budget counseling. Individual must demonstrate sensitivity to issues related to women and domestic violence. In addition, the Case Manager will make all necessary linkages to community agencies to provide proper placement of residents in areas of permanent housing, vocational and educational services, and to assist families in securing public assistance and Medicaid.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a caseload of 10-15 families.
- Conduct intake interviews, as assigned, to assess and evaluate residents for admission.
- Engage residents in initial and on-going treatment processes, through individual and group counselling, under clinical supervision of the Social Worker or Social Work Supervisor.
- Develop and maintain housing referral resources, assist residents in the process of locating and securing permanent housing.
- Assists all residents in the process of referral and placement in community based resources.
- Assess residents’ vocational and educational needs, aptitudes and interests through interviews and testing. Develop and maintain placement and follow-up as appropriate after assessment and counselling.
- Develop and maintain liaison activities with H.R.A. Public Assistance and Medicaid Administrators and Workers, to assist eligible residents in securing Public Assistance and Medicaid by acting as a personal advocate through telephone or personal visit/contact.
- Participate in training seminars conducted to enhance and develop clinical skills with the client population.
- Develop with the resident, a contract of goals to be accomplished within an agreed upon timetable.
- Three (3) years of counseling experience preferred in a residential shelter for victims of domestic violence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Social Work
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
URI seeks highly skilled, dynamic Maintenance Workers responsible for completing basic repairs and performing general maintenance of the physical facility.
The successful candidate will perform basic carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical work.
- Identify and report any building maintenance or repair issues
- Perform a variety of maintenance duties of a routine nature including maintenance of hallways, lobbies, bathrooms, stairways, lunch areas, break areas, storage rooms and utility rooms
- Assist with moving furniture, supplies and other items as necessary
- Ensure floors and hallways are kept free of debris at all times
- Mop all common area floors daily
- Remove garbage daily
- Check fire/life safety equipment as scheduled and report issues to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Perform minor adjustments, repairs and maintenance on heat and air conditioner units and under supervision by Maintenance Supervisor
- Complete daily assigned work and notify the Maintenance Supervisor of work not completed
- Overtime work as needed and requested by the Assistant Director
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to perform carpentry, painting, and minor plumbing, electrical
- Commercial and/or residential maintenance experience
- Must be able to read and understand work orders
URI seeks highly skilled, dynamic Associate Counselors responsible for a variety of assignments in areas of service delivery as dictated by the needs of the program.
The successful candidate will provide supportive counseling to residents, manages hotlines, assists administrative staff and performs some security and childcare functions. Conduct intake interviews, as assigned, to assess and evaluate applicants for admission.
- Make appropriate internal referrals based upon resident’s needs.
- Respond to Hotline calls.
- Assist in the escorting of residents to services and activities outside of the facility, such as clinics, income maintenance center, and housing referrals
- Conduct room checks
- Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field, and knowledge of domestic violence issues preferred.
- At least one (1) year of service delivery experience in the Human Services field.
- Must possess experience in, or a potential for, delivering a variety of human services to adults and children, preferably in a residential setting.
URI seeks a highly skilled, dynamic Licensed Psychologist responsible for the goal of treatment as it relates to behavior modification and assess individual needs and design goal oriented treatment plans, based on the capabilities of the individuals in need of care.
- The successful candidate will be responsible to design, implement and evaluate the program of psychological services at the ICF/MR.
- Reviews referral materials on each applicant and conducts psychological evaluations, to assess the nature and extent of the applicant’s developmental disabilities.
- Formulates a diagnosis and makes recommendations regarding admission and treatment for Staff Intake Team, and ICF/MR Admissions and Discharge Committee.
- Train staff to implement behavioral plans and all cognitive, independent living ADL goals.
- Offers psychological services, including evaluation, consultation, and therapy to residents, and/or their immediate families.
- Maintains progress notes and submits timely psychological treatment summaries on a quarterly basis.
- Master – Psychology
- Ph.D. strongly preferred
- New York State Licensed Required
- One (1) year of specialized experience in the diagnosis and treatment of developmentally disabled persons.
URI seeks highly skilled, dynamic Security Monitors responsible overall facility monitoring and surveillance through facility rounds, maintains log of person entering and exiting URI facilities. Conducts fire drills and maintains log books on fire drill and emergency apparatus.
The successful candidate will maintain logs of visitors entering and exiting the premises and record all unusual incidents per established procedures, while ensuring that only authorized personnel and visitors enter the property.
- Surveillance of the grounds, facility and activities of the residents to prevent theft and resident harm.
- Ensure that all doors from the facility are locked and secured.
- Monitor fire and safety procedures.
- Provide administrative support in the area of the office coverage, telephone and clerical work, and provide maintenance coverage of the housing complex in the absence of maintenance worker.
- Perform light maintenance responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Function independently in term of facility coverage including responsibility for appropriate action in crisis situation per agency procedures.
- Meet with Director for individual and group supervision, and training.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- New York State Security License
- 8 hours and 16 hours Certification
- New York State Driver License
- 1-2 Years’ experience as a Security Officer/Monitor
- Experience working in a 24-hour residential facility a plus
URI seeks highly skilled, dynamic Housing Specialists responsible for addressing the housing needs of clients residing in URI’s domestic violence shelters. The Housing Specialist assists clients as they transition from shelter to permanent housing.
The Ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying permanent housing options, developing and maintaining a database of housing resources, conducting individual sessions and support groups around housing issues, and providing referrals, advocacy, follow-up, and assistance with housing applications.
- Assess clients’ housing needs and develop an individualized plan to secure safe, affordable housing.
- Assess clients’ eligibility for government-financed housing programs, including subsidies, and benefit programs.
- Assist clients to secure and complete applications for permanent housing.
- Identify, and assist clients to obtain relevant documents needed for applications for permanent housing.
- Provide individual counseling, advocacy and support to clients.
- Develop and facilitate educational workshops and groups focused on housing (including available housing resources, apartment search techniques, and other best practices).
- Develop and maintain a database of resources, including a listing of brokers, landlords, and management companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field.
- Minimum of one year counseling experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in housing development/management, real estate or case management.
URI seeks highly skilled, dynamic Shift Supervisors responsibility, conjunction with the Social Worker for the general administrative duties of all Associate Counselors on assigned shift
The successful candidate will supervise the functions and activities of the Associate Counselors and coordinate the activities of the shift. Provide crisis counseling, function independently in times of facility coverage including assuming responsibility in crisis situations.
- Prepare casework documentation and written reports
- Monitor the delivery of services to residents
- Prepare schedule to insure adequate facility coverage
- Participate in the coordination of staff training
- Attend training sessions and scheduled meetings
- Provide crisis counseling, as needed
- Function independently in times of facility coverage including responsibility for appropriate action in crisis situations per agency procedure
- Prepare casework documentation and written reports per agency requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience preferred
URI seeks a highly skilled, dynamic, and mission-driven Director of Marketing and Communications to lead the organization through a period of ambitious growth by overseeing its ambitious visibility and publicity efforts. The Director of Marketing and Communications serves as the primary strategist supporting the VP of Development to grow the organization’s unrestricted budget from $500K to $1.5M over the next five years through the lens of marketing and communications, in a manner consistent with URI’s core values.
The successful candidate will grow existing and new relationships to build URI’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy to include organizational material, collateral development (agency brochures/annual report), digital/social media, public relations, special events, etc.
- Partner with the URI’s PR agency to develop appropriate media outreach information, serve as spokesperson when applicable, arrange interviews with key executives/staff effectively communicating the URI message platform; provide ongoing media training to the management team
- Develop the appropriate survivor testimonials for media and community outreach
- Develop and support special events that will help promote URI and further the development strategy, such as press events and corporate partnership events
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications,
- Master’s strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Marketing and Communications
- Demonstrated success in material development
- Public relations and digital/social media, special event management
URI seeks an highly skilled, dynamic Education and Employment Specialist responsible to provide comprehensive, individualized case management, mentoring and educational services to support domestic violence survivors in achieving short and long-term goals around job training, education, employment, financial management and self-sufficiency. This includes handling tasks associated with URI’s Working Internship Network (WIN) program, including conducting vocational assessments, facilitating career readiness, computer skills and financial literacy workshops, and managing client internships.
The successful candidate will support URI’s community and corporate partnerships which offer education, training and hands-on experiences to domestic violence victims residing in shelter.
- Provides a wide range of career readiness services to clients, including assessments, goal development, interview training, job search skills, networking and resume assistance.
- Conducts educational workshops that focus on economic empowerment to achieve program and client outcomes.
- Recruits clients to participate in URI’s Working Internship Network (WIN) program, manages the application process, facilitates program activities, including internship placements and graduation, and conducts program administrative tasks.
- Tracks and reports client progress towards achieving targeted outcomes.
- Develops and manages a directory of resources, including internship and job opportunities, and GED and literacy support programs.
- Trains and provides support to program interns and volunteers.
- Conducts training for staff, clients and community.
- Bachelors and three(3) years of Vocational Experience
- A Master’s in Vocational Counseling, Human Services, Education, Social Work, Psychology, or related field a plus
- Experience teaching adults, including adults with low literacy levels; experience teaching career readiness education and computer skills training
- Knowledge or experience assisting clients with public assistance and housing
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of underserved people; an understanding of or interest in the issue of domestic violence
- Must possess sensitivity to issues affecting battered women
URI seeks a highly skilled, dynamic Administrative Assistants responsible for the providing administrative and secretarial support. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as coordinator of meetings, conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mails and working on special projects.
The successful candidate(s) will provides efficient and professional administrative support to the Directors, Senior Directors and departmental.
- Schedules and organizes meetings and department activities
- Responds to various inquires both external and internal, manages communications via email, phone calls etc.
- Establishes, develops maintains and updates filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Prepares or assist with monthly billing reports for all URI programs.
- Orders supplies through purchase requisition system.
- Hand delivers billing reports, proposals and other special documents as necessary.
Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience Administrative
- Knowledge of computers; specifically, intermediate experience in Microsoft Office
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task, and perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
URI seeks highly skilled, dynamic Recreation Specialist Responsible for program planning and development. Must assist in planning cultural and recreational activities within the New York City area which are geared to bring pleasure and broaden the outlook of mothers and children. Must be able to coordinate all the steps of program planning, i.e., site arrangement, transportation, refreshments, etc., all within the budget set by the agency
The successful candidate will coordinate trips outside the facility by working with such resource people as staff, volunteers, mothers and other service agencies.
- Develop programming for inside the Retreat such as games, movies, story-telling, etc
- Strengthen the informal relationships between mothers and children through shared responsibilities and experiences.
- Monitor, assist and escort families in all the activities.
- Provide verbal and written feedback to professional staff to help them assess the need for counseling and medical services.
- Keep a permanent resource file of interesting, affordable activities for children and adults.
- Encourage and assist mothers to coordinate and implement their own ideas for educational and recreational activities.
- Through the utilization of newspapers, magazines, books, museums, etc., help to open up new educational and cultural horizons for mothers who will then be more able to offer such enrichment activities to their children.
- Prepare written reports of all group activities as per corporation requirements.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Social Work or related field
- At least three (3) years’ experience preferred working with abused families or women with special needs.
- Have the capacity to build and sustain relationships with children and their mothers by using abilities in trust building, empathy, supportive assistance, evocation of feelings and mediation.
Employee must be computer-literate and must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
URI is seeking a bright, energetic and knowledgeable Childcare Supervisor. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Childcare Supervisor is Responsible for development and implementation of a pre-school class room curriculum as well as daily activities for children through age five (5).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision the child care staff. Maintain Child are Room, order and maintain supplies for Child Care Room. Design and implement childcare curriculum.
- Observe and report children’s behavior to determine need for counseling and/or medical services.
- Engage children in therapeutic arts and crafts.
- Research and develop recreational activities.
- Attend case conferences to provide input regarding children’s functioning.
- File all paper work as necessary.
- Keep inventory and review what items are in stock in the Child Care Room.
- Prepare required corporation reporting documents.
- Develop field trips for children and escort children.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services of Human Services related field.
- Experience working with children is strongly preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of, and sensitive to, concerns of child development, domestic violence and child abuse