Founded in 1980, the mission of the Urban Resource Institute (URI) is to empower individuals, families, and communities, particularly communities of color and other disenfranchised populations, to end cycles of violence, homelessness, poverty, and trauma by increasing safety and resiliency. URI does so through the demonstration of its vision which works toward achieving a world free of domestic violence, homelessness, poverty, and trauma, where individuals, families, and communities are safe, stable, and thriving. Over the last five (5) years, URI’s reputation and performance outcomes has afforded URI the opportunity to expand and position itself as the largest provider of domestic violence shelter services in the country, and the oldest licensed provider in New York State. Moreover, this expansion has afforded URI the ability to serve individuals who have traditionally experienced barriers to accessing domestic violence shelter services, such as singles and families particularly those with pets.
Today, URI is maximizing the impact of organizational growth, expanding its positioning as an Innovative Service Provider and an “Employer of Choice” in its field, with an annual operating budget of approximately $98 million, more than 700 employees and an ability to provide services to over 40,000 individuals annually, with operation in more than 20 locations around New York City and to be recognized as a valued thought-leader in the sector and the nation.
A vibrant and growing New York City non-profit is seeking a knowledgeable, energetic, and visionary Senior Director of Business Analysis to help guide it through a period of growth and strategic transformation.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Information Technology, the Senior Director of Business Analysis will:
• Work with the IT Team to launch new hardware and software
• Create a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for various business functions
• Define business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
• Create policies and procedures regarding collating and analyzing data
• Critically evaluate and screen data, plus profiling to identify any issues
• Manage all business-related IT projects
• Assess analytics on an ongoing basis
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
• Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
• Stay abreast of technology to apply to solving business-related problems
• Facilitate requirement sessions to gather information, share ideas and findings.
• Perform requirements analysis and document the results
• Effectively communicate your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
• Work closely with Program Staff, Technical Teams and Organization Leadership
• Train users to better leverage technology for their respective areas
• Ensure solutions to meet business needs and requirements
• Perform user acceptance testing to ensure that the solution meets the stated requirements
• Manage projects and develop project plans
• Update, implement and maintain procedures for key systems
• Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and users
• Monitor deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects
• Analyze business data to help drive solutions
• Compile up-to-date data to support the logic behind any recommendations for solutions
• Conduct test evaluations to verify and confirm that proposed solutions are sound and accurate
• Other duties as requested to meet department and organizational needs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Business or a related field required
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in business analysis or related field
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of networks, databases and other technology
• Familiarity with working with various networks, databases and diverse set of technologies
• Knowledge of various business intelligence technologies and methodologies
• Capable of modeling business processes and procedures
• Proven ability to assess data/information and convert into actionable insights and recommendations
• Exceptional leadership and project management skills with excellent documentation capabilities
• Experience partnering and collaborating with senior leaders, decision makers and all levels of employees
• Detail-oriented and skilled in delivering precise and accurate information
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven facilitator and presenter
• Expert organizational and administrative skills
• Solid interpersonal and consultative skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office products
• Strong commitment to equity and social justice including a focus on self-awareness and engagement of continuous learning around issues of diversity equity and inclusion; high level of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Interested candidates may forward a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Urban Resource Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training