Urban Resource Institute (URI), a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization established in 1980, operates shelters and provides services for survivors of domestic violence and homeless families. It also runs residential and vocational programs for individuals with developmental disabilities. With a $70-80 million annual budget and with more than 600 staff by the end of the year, URI promotes safety, justice, health, and independence for vulnerable individuals and families residing in New York City.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Input voucher into computerized accounting system
• Maintain voucher control sheet
• File unpaid vouchers into “Open File”
• Sort Accounts Payable Checks
• Pull Vouchers form “Open File” to attach check and to log check info
• Stamp paid info on paid invoices
• File paid vouchers by period and vendor
• Pull vouchers from paid file for report backup
•Perform any other duties in support of the Finance Department
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional work environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Comfortable using a computer
•Good communication skills
Job Type: Part-time
Interested candidates may forward a copy of their resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Urban Resource Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.