The Urban Resource Institute (URI), a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization established in 1980, operates shelter, legal and job training programs for domestic violence victims, residential and vocational programs for individuals with developmental disabilities. With a $70-80 million annual budget with over 600 staff by the end of the year, URI promotes safety, justice, health, and independence for vulnerable individuals and families residing in New York City.
A vibrant and growing New York City non-profit is seeking a knowledgeable, energetic, and visionary Director of Technology Operations to help guide it through a period of growth and strategic transformation. Reporting to the Vice-President of Information Technology, the Director’ of Technology Operations will include:
• Overseeing all locations’ IT infrastructure and operations
• Proposing strategic solutions and recommending new systems and software.
• Liaising with other departments, determining and addressing their IT hardware needs and requirements.
• Building and maintaining relationships with external vendors.
• Ensuring reported issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• When necessary and required, perform other responsibilities as requested based on department, program and/or organizational needs.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Ensure that the company has the IT tools, software, equipment, and telecommunication devices necessary to support business excellence.
• Manage network security with emphasis on Cybersecurity.
• Oversee the administration and maintenance of the company’s infrastructure.
• Oversee the administration of the company’s WAN.
• Ensuring the maintenance of all systems.
• Identifying vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement.
• Manage and develop upgrades to the company’s telephone system.
• Oversee all telephone system changes.
Internal/Cloud based Systems
• Oversee troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provide expert support when necessary.
• Work with project teams to help implement solutions to address business needs.
Help Desk Administration
• Oversee all help desk activities and ensures all escalated issues are responded to in a timely manner.
• Interact with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
• Manage internal and outsourced Helpdesk resources, develop management criteria to ensure timely problem resolution and very high client satisfaction
• Build and maintain vendor relationships and assist in the purchasing of hardware and software products.
• Contribute to the development of policies and procedures to ensure that company assets are maintained responsibly.
• Perform cost/benefit analysis of new technologies
• Assist in acquiring, implementing and maintaining business systems
• Assist in developing various funder and internal reports
REPORTING AND MONITORING
• Assist in preparing financial budgets and performance reports
• Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, or a related field a must
• Master’s Degree preferred
• 3 years operational and administrative management experience
• 5+ years in a socially responsible organization with progressive experience leading;
• Expert knowledge and experience in Microsoft server technologies, Cybersecurity and Cloud technologies
• Solid, hands-on knowledge of networking solutions, video surveillance and door access products
• Strong knowledge of networking protocols
• Sound working knowledge of IT operations, systems, and developments.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional leadership and project management skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office products
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with leadership team
• Flexible and able to multi-task
• Strong commitment to equity and social justice including a focus on self-awareness and engagement of continuous learning around issues of diversity equity and inclusion; high level of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Interested candidates may forward a copy of their resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Urban Resource Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training