The Urban Resource Institute (URI), a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization established in 1980, operates shelter, legal and job training programs for domestic violence victims, residential and vocational programs for individuals with developmental disabilities. With a $70-80 million annual budget with over 600 staff by the end of the year, URI promotes safety, justice, health, and independence for vulnerable individuals and families residing in New York City.
The Crime Victims Case Manager is responsible for assisting victims of domestic violence to apply for crime victim’s benefits.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide social services support by meeting with victims of domestic violence in groups and one on one to inform them of crime victims benefits.
• Assist victims of domestic violence to apply for applicable crime victims benefits.
• Follow up referrals from police precincts and community based social services to inform victims of domestic violence of crime victims benefits.
• Co-facilitate domestic violence support groups.
• Provide counseling, crisis intervention, advocacy and referrals.
• Maintain records of activities with clients and submit monthly reports.
• Meet with Director regularly to review records and discuss service plans.
• Attend meetings, training and workshops as directed.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
• High school or equivalency degree required. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
• At least two years experience serving victims of domestic violence and/or in a crisis intervention/social service environment.
• Commitment to women’s issues.
• Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships.
• Computer literacy in a network environment with a Windows operating system
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Interested candidates may forward a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Urban Resource Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.