Toggleable via the navbar brand.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Special Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and other supporting functions to the Chief of Staff as necessary. This position will spearhead project management and related administrative initiatives, as it relates to the overall support of the Chief of Staff, ensure timely flow of information to and from the President/CEO office, and serve as a liaison between the Chief of Staff and other department leaders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and prioritize the President & CEO’s calendar, inclusive of making travel arrangements and scheduling meetings
• Complete a variety of administrative tasks as assigned by and under the supervision of the Chief of Staff in support of one or more Executives within the organization, including the President & CEO
• Organize internal and external meetings led by the Chief of Staff and/or President & CEO, including notifying attendees, reserving conference rooms, handling logistics, drafting and distributing agendas, and taking meeting minutes
• Work closely and effectively with the Chief of Staff and other department leaders, as assigned, to keep them informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities while ensuring to follow up in a timely manner regarding projects, actions items, and other tasks as assigned
• Other duties as requested to meet department and organizational needs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors’ degree in Business, Public Administration, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
• 5-7 years of administrative experience supporting high-level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat etc.
• Proven ability to display professionalism and diplomacy and ability to interact with high-level Executives internally and externally
• Proven ability to exercise good judgment on a consistent basis; ability to anticipate needs and take initiative to get things done
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial – and sometimes unpredictable environment with the ability to prioritize and organize conflicting needs
• Superb attention to deal with the ability to handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often under stringent deadline
• Demonstrated leadership aptitude in maintaining credibility, trust and support, with management and staff alike
• Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Prior experience with planning and managing operational projects and departmental budgets a plus/preferred
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be the first to know what's happening.
Sign up now and we'll keep in touch.