The Administrative Director is responsible for supporting the Senior Vice President of Programs in managing a range of project related initiatives. The Administrative Director will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of data management tools and analytics, and supporting a knowledge sharing system. This role will also serve the critical function of providing support needed to advance program and organizational strategies and system priorities including, but not limited to research to assist with new initiatives the organization is considering, providing assistance with proposals and reports as needed, providing project management and communications support to advance existing and new projects, managing scheduling and operations for critical meetings and engaging in special projects as needed.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first):
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the SVP of Programs including: managing
calendar; composing and preparing correspondence; preparing agendas and compiling documents.
• Research, prioritizes, and follow up on issues and concerns including those of a sensitive nature. Coordinates appropriate response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the SVP of Programs and the Division Heads of DV, Homeless and OPWDD, demonstrating ability to maintain credibility, trust and support with management and staff.
• Work closely and effectively with SVP of Programs to keep them well informed of upcoming Commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Assist in the ordering and monitoring of program supplies and materials as needed.
• Development and maintenance of organizational charts and other key documents as it relates to programs within the organization
Projects and Analytics
• Assist in the collection and analytics of qualitative and quantitative data across programs and special projects
• Assist in development and maintenance of dashboard for visualization of key performance indicators
• Consolidate data to track and report on key performance indicators identified by leadership appropriate to be shared with internal and external audiences (e.g. Board meetings, funder pitches, marketing materials).
• Liaise with program sites to ensure the timely collection of data.
• Generate reports visualizing and communicating project outcomes, as needed for funders and the leadership team. These include, but are not limited to, quarterly, mid-year and final reports for various projects, board of trustees updates and materials for new and existing funders.
• Facilitate regular communication with project staff to collect project updates, key content generated from each engagement and to review data and interpret results to prepare for internal check-ins with partner and external constituents with whom which data will be shared and discussed.
Communications & Knowledge Sharing:
• Develop and generate regular reports, such as PowerPoint presentations, on key performance indicators for internal and external audiences.
• Prepare other presentations, facts sheets, briefing documents or reports to assist project and leadership team in understanding the effectiveness of the organization’s work and identify areas of improvement.
• Support the process for disseminating project insights through a variety of platforms, providing updates at staff meetings, and to leadership team members as requested
• Support special projects associated with documentation of the organization’s work and approach.
• Support the development and lead the ongoing maintenance of our internal knowledge sharing platform & system under direction of the Senior Vice President of Programs.
• Provide assistance with analytical reporting for the programs in support of major corporate initiatives.
• Process year-end corporate reporting requirements and disclosure documents.
• Assists with submission of monthly billings and follow-up as needed through use of HHS Accelerator, SORTS, or other systems as needed.
• Assist in ensuring reporting requirements are met with relevant program funders
• Review monthly financial reports and generate management reports for leadership team members
• Respond to/gather consumer and resident related data and statistics as indicated by regulatory entities.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of program overviews to respond to special projects.
• Manage online regulatory agencies electronic reporting systems such as HHS Accelerator, NYC Grants Gateway, DVIS, SAM, Passport and E-snaps.
• Manage Check Requests and Purchase Requisitions to monitor and regulate program spending.
• Assist SVP of Programs with budget reconciliation, communication and preparation of training materials for presentations to staff.
• Liaison with Finance on budget and finance related issues.
Essential Job Requirements
• Masters Degree preferred
• 5-10 years of experience supporting Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat
• Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel;
• Excellent PowerPoint skills and the ability to present information, including data, in multiple formats;
• Ability to work effectively with data of varying levels of quality and validity;
• Attention to detail and ability to identify issues and inconsistencies in data is a must
• Demonstrated ability to design and manage complex and multiple projects
• Strong communication skills (public speaking, email, fact sheet and report writing)
• Ability to work effectively with others at varying levels of the organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions
• Flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of quickly changing priorities and tight deadlines
• Strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to perform independently
• Experience with creating and managing dashboards
• Experience reviewing financial statements and budgets
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
• with excellent attention to detail
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
• Must possess critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses and have the ability to seek alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems which minimize risk to the corporation and person’s served.
• Demonstrated success in information gathering and analysis, and professional reporting methodologies.
• Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Indoors; hearing; talking; walking; sitting; using hands on objects, tools or controls; repetitive motions. Occasionally lift and / or move up to 10 pounds. Other job characteristics – need to be exact or accurate; repeat same task, errors have important consequences; automation.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Some job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with regulatory laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be the first to know what's happening.
Sign up now and we'll keep in touch.